Collaborative Classroom’s marketing collateral includes updated graphics and photos that better communicate the importance of collaboration and community in classrooms. The organization realized that the marketing messaging needed to be tightened up overall, and that they needed to be more consistent in their approach to promoting products and events. This is just a small sampling of the materials ’Berta designed with a newly refreshed look and feel.
This is just a sampling of the materials ’Berta designed with a newly refreshed look and feel.
Assumptions and Considerations
- Collaborative Classroom previously suffered from a lack of clear, concise messaging. More accurately, they suffered from having too many competing, yet vaguely similar messages. A concerted effort was made to wrangle all into the newly-minted “Learning Reimagined” tagline with a more focused message.
- The organization needed to evolve its collateral to create more brand awareness, but not to completely start over.
For this project, ’Berta:
- worked closely with the newly hired VP of Marketing to craft flexible, visually compelling collateral, leveraging her previous designs, that could easily work with new messaging.
- versioned all the new marketing collateral on a greatly compressed time schedule, even though the new messaging hadn’t been totally flushed out yet.
- provided wireframes to outside coders to bring emails, landing pages, event registration pages, and other online platforms in line with the new look and feel—a piece that had been neglected in the past. Previously, the events team had just used the vanilla standard layouts that came with the services.
- became more directly involved in marketing strategy.
’Berta’s Process, Sketches and Mood Boards
In rethinking the marketing collateral for the organization, ’Berta put pencil to paper to generate rough sketches that would help clarify directions quickly. After working through ideas via sketch, she put together a series of mood boards for the Marketing team’s review. These are just some of the ideas ’Berta shared that led to the implementation of the new look and feel. ’Berta created various materials including: handbooks, flyers, online presence (emails, website, landing pages, social media graphics) conference banners and promotional items.
Series of branding conference banners showcasing Collaborative Classroom’s philosophy, as well as the Collaborative Literacy suite of products.
Branded Promo Giveaway Items
Series of branding conference giveaway items featuring fun phrases and graphics that reinforce Collaborative Classroom’s philosophy and product offerings.
Final Results and Deliverables
- The newly minted marketing collateral was well received by the field.
- The focus on collaboration, along with the flexibility of the layouts, allowed for a more robust solution when creating various collateral pieces with a cohesive structure.
- Rolling the new look and feel into the organization’s online presence tied everything together in a more cohesive way, and allowed for the creation of campaigns rather than disparate messages and graphics.