Tune in for plenty of adventure as ’Berta—armed with her trusty sketch pad and sharp creative wits—joins forces with your team to help you achieve its mission!
‘Berta is a Creative Director who helps organizations like yours brand and promote their products in a consistent and thoughtful way. She finds that the best branding happens when clients feel heard throughout the creative process. She listens and works closely with you to create high-impact, space-age strategy and design solutions that meet (and exceed) your needs and expectations.
Whatever the brand, Leave It to ‘Berta!
A true partner and collaborator
Where design meets strategy, ’Berta brings extensive experience to every mission. She believes that clients should feel heard and that they have shared ownership of the process. As a result, the brand work genuinely reflects who their organizations really are.
She’s worked agency-side and in-house for a wide range of clients from solopreneurs and nonprofits to Fortune 500 and 1000 companies, including: Alameda Health Systems, AssetMark, Bordeaux Kitchen Naturals, Building Bridges Together, Cadbury-7/UP, Career Girls, Chevron, Collaborative Classroom, College Track, Dallas Museum of Art, Galleria, Gap/Old Navy, The Integer Group (Omnicom), Jose Cuervo, Latitude (Richard’s Group), Launch Partnership, Lawrence Berkeley Lab, Lob, Marcus&Millichap, McCann-Erickson, Mission Minded, National Geographic, Pottery Barn, Safeway.com, San Francisco Historical Society, 7-Eleven, Inc., Texas Instruments, and Thanx, Toni&Guy, and Viacom—just to name a few.
From sketch pad to launch pad
- Explore ’Berta’s portfolio to see firsthand the quality, creativity, and variety of project missions she’s completed for others.
- From mission planning to liftoff, these case studies explain her role, process, and impact on the final deliverables.
- Check out ’Berta’s resume for a summary of her background and skill set.
- Don’t just take her word for it, read what others have to say about working with ’Berta.
- Check out ’Berta’s latest news to read more about her appearances and thought leadership.
Awards & Recognition Include:
- Membership in the Female Founder Collective
- Graphic Design USA’s People to Watch 2021
- Graphic Design USA 2020 American Graphic Design Awards for book design and packaging
- 2020 Royal Dragonfly Book Award: First Place, Young Adult Nonfiction
- 2020 Purple Dragonfly Book Award: Honorable Mention, Children’s Nonfiction
- 2018 Aquent Designing for Good Grant Recipient, Career Girls Mobile App
- Publishing Professionals Network Annual Book Show Award, Collaborative Literacy
- Graphic Design USA In-house Design Awards
- Association of Educational Publishers, Distinguished Achievement, Collaborative Literacy
- Association of Educational Publishers, Beacon Award, AfterSchool KidzScience
- Topps Award Show
- Art Director’s Club of Houston Show Gold Award
- Dallas Society of Visual Communication Exhibition
- Texas Association of Museums Gold Award
What does ’Berta do in her free time?
’Berta gives back to the community by using her design powers for good. She regularly volunteers her design skills for good with organizations such as Career Girls, where she’s a Special Advisor, Taproot Foundation and also services on the board of Publishing Professionals Network. She also blogs about all things colorful and creative. Check out her Martini Minute musings.
When she’s not designing something, ’Berta enjoys creating art, crocheting, exploring science, being in nature, reading, writing, gardening, world travel, eating adventurous foods, drinking artisanal coffee, singing karaoke, and hanging out with her cats.